Today’s organisations face a constant changing legislation and regulatory environment. HM Revenue & Customs have new investigative powers to review taxpayers’ tax returns and computations and have taken an aggressive view when it comes to charging penalties and interest on unpaid tax.
Given the complexity of tax legislation and practice, expert knowledge in this area is required in order to successfully rebut HMRC questions and enquiries.
We have a significant level of relevant tax investigations experience as well as a deep knowledge of HMRC structure, practices and negotiation skills.
We can assist you by:
- Representing you and defending all types of tax enquiries
- Advising on calculation and application of interest and penalties as well as information powers exercised by HMRC
- Compiling voluntary disclosures
- Risk reviews in connection with application of all areas of tax including PAYE, benefits in kind and VAT
- Support in connection with tribunals, litigation and tax appeals